Two brothers die, other two hospitalized after consuming toxic food in Sukkur


SUKKUR: Two brothers died while two others were hospitalized in critical condition after consuming toxic food here on Saturday.

According to details, four sons of a labourer Ijaz Ahmad hailing from tehsil Pano Aqil of district Sukkur consumed food (vegetable) prepared at home which turned toxic due to unknown reasons resultantly their condition deteriorated.

The affectees were being shifted to Civil Hospital but Moeen 17, and Mujeeb 18 expired on the way. The other two brothers were under treatment and their condition was also stated to be critical and the medics said that they were trying their best to save the life of two youth.

The paternal uncle of the deceased alleged that they were poisoned by their step-grandmother but the medical report is awaited after further action will be taken.