LAHORE: Several shops with goods worth millions of rupees were gutted due to a fire that erupted in a shopping plaza located on the Hall Road on Saturday.
Rescue sources said that fire initiated due to a short circuit in a mobile repairing shop on the first floor of the commercial plaza.
The fire spread rapidly and engulfed surrounding shops within no time.
Fire tenders rushed to the scene and doused the blaze after efforts of more than two hours.
Meanwhile, several shops with goods worth millions of rupees were burnt to ashes.
The affected shopkeepers have appealed to the provincial government for financial assistance so that they can restart their businesses.