Year old child dies as flat catches fire in Kharadar area


KARACHI: An infant died when a residential flat caught fire in a densely populated downtown area of the megacity on Tuesday.

Rescue sources said that a flat on the third floor of an old building named Radha Kirshan building in Kharadar area caught fire and a one-year-old Ayan died as a result; however, two other children were rescued.

Their mother a housemaid had left the flat for work leaving three children there. Their father, a security guard in a private company, was also on duty when the mishap occurred.

Neighbours and fire brigade after hectic efforts of one hour doused the fire. Electricity short-circuit was termed the cause of the fire.