PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Wildlife Department has issued four permits of Markhor hunting to consultants companies against the remuneration of $342,000.
The permits were issued after fulfilling the formalities of the tender opening in a meeting held at Wildlife Chief Conservator Safdar Ali Shah’s office.
Hunting permits were issued for wildlife game reserves situated in Chitral and Kohistan. The permit for Toshi-I Game Reserve, Chitral was awarded for $91,000 whereas Toshi-II Game Reserve on $90,000. The other two permits for Kohistan including Gehriat Game Reserve and Kayga Game Reserve were sold for $81,000 and $80,000 respectively. Last year, Markhor hunting permits were given were $321,000.
It merits a mentioned here that 80 per cent of the revenue generated by these permits are given to local communities of the area while remaining 20 per cent of the amount is submitted to KP’s exchequer.
[…] KP Wildlife dept grants Markhor hunting permits for $342000 Pakistan Today […]
Comments are closed.