LAHORE: The Government of Pakistan through an official notification today nominated the Directors of the Pakistan Television Corporation (PTVC).
The notification stated, “In exercise of the power conferred under Section 165 (b) of the Companies Act 2017, the Government of Pakistan is pleased to nominate the following Directors of Pakistan Television Corporation, who shall hold the office during the pleasure of the Government”.
- Arshad Khan (Member/Chairman)
- Additional Secretary M/o Information and Broadcasting (Ex-Officio Member)
- Additional Secretary Ministry of Finance (Ex-Officio Member)
- Director General Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) (Ex-Officio Member)
- Managing Director PTVC (Ex-Officio Member)
- Director General Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation (PBC) (Ex-Officio Member)
- Barrister Ali Zafar (Member)
- Zouhair A Khaliq (Member)
- Professor Ijaz-ul-Hassan (Member)
- Professor Humayun Ehsan (Member)
- Sayed Savail Meekal Hussain (Member)
- Rashid Ali Khan (Member)
- Farooq Bazai (Member)
- Farman Ullah Jan (Member)
The notification further said, “the newly constituted Board of Directors will replace the existing Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is directed to elect Arshad Khan as PTVC Chairman in line with the PTVC’s Memorandum and Article of Association (Article 95). The Chairman shall, unless he resigns earlier, hold office for a period of 3 years”.