Fans are remembering the popstar-turned-religious scholar Junaid Jamshed on his 54th birthday. He was born on September 3, 1964, in Karachi.
Junaid Jamshed passed away in a plane crash on December 7, 2016, while coming back from Chitral.
The fans remember him both as a great singer and loved religious scholar. In his life, Jamshed never condemned his singing career and said that was a major part of his life.
Here are the top 10 songs, for us, of his career.
1. Dil Dil Pakistan was the song that introduced the world to Junaid Jamshed’s magical voice and his band Vital Signs. The song is still considered to be as the second national anthem of Pakistan.
2. Tum Door Thay is one of the most melodious and sad songs by the legendary singer. The lyrics and soft music along with its video is a treat to the ears and eyes.
3. Naa Tu Aygi, a single number by Junaid Jamshed became an instant hit because of its catchy music and tune, and most importantly for its video which was directed by Shoaib Mansoor. It was a marvel due to its idea and making.
4. Maula is one of the last songs, Vital Signs did together. The national song was another hit by the iconic band of Pakistan.
5. Aitbaar is another melodious and slow song by the great singer. The number is beautiful mainly due to its smooth lyrics and music.
6. Yeh Shaam is another signature song by Vital Signs with the slow tempo, the beautiful lyrics and smooth music.
7. Ankhon Ko Ankhon Naey was from his last hit song featuring then-top model Amna Haq. The number became famous because of traditional touch and music.
8. Tumharay Or Mera Naam, a sad song was the number for broken hearts. The lyrics, the video and the music all have an emotional touch.
9. Yaad Karna is not a much famous song by Vital Signs but the lyrics seem like written for Junaid Jamshed himself after his death.
10. Us Rah Par is Junaid Jamshed’s one of the last songs as a singer. In one of his interview, Jamshed stated that lyrics of this song depicts his then-condition as he was seeking new paths in his life, which led to him becoming a religious scholar.