Family to sue KE as minor’s arms amputated due to electrocution


The family of an eight-year-old boy on Thursday announced to take legal action against K-Electric (KE) after the minor’s arms had to be amputated due to burning caused of electrocution.

The incident took place when a minor named Umer in Karachi’s Ahsanabad area got electrocuted after a loose wire fell on him. The young boy was playing in the street, on a third of Eid, when the untoward incident took place.

Doctors said they had to amputate both his arms as they were badly burnt due to the electric shock.


Sindh Governor Imran Ismail took notice of the incident and summoned a report from the KE officials in this regard.

The KE spokesman expressed profound grief over the incident and extended sympathy to the family. The spokesman said that every possible effort will be made to assist the family.