Two die of asphyxiation in Bahawalpur


BAHAWALPUR: Two people suffocated to death in Khuda Bux Mahar village from toxic gas after they climbed down a gutter to rescue a goat on Thursday night.

According to rescue authorities in Ahmedpur Sharqia (East), the men had stepped into the sewers to save a goat that had fallen inside. However, the toxic gas inside the sewers led to their death by asphyxiation.

The deceased who were father- and son-in-law, have been identified as Syed Riaz Shah and Hasnain Shah.