Imran Khan to chair PTI parliamentary board meeting | Pakistan Today

Imran Khan to chair PTI parliamentary board meeting

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairperson Imran Khan has summoned a meeting of the party’s parliamentary board Thursday.

The meeting, to be held at Imran’s residence in Bani Gala at 1:30 pm, is expected to review the issue over the distribution of party tickets which had been opposed by many party workers. The workers had even gone to stage a protest in Bani Gala last week.

Imran, who returned to Pakistan on Wednesday after performing Umrah, will review the distribution of party tickets for the upcoming general elections.

While speaking in Madina on Wednesday, Imran had said that the process of reviewing ‘controversial tickets’ will begin from Thursday.

Khan maintained that 90 percent of all the tickets were rightly handed to selected individuals. However, he remarked that the party will address reservations of longtime party workers on the remaining 10 percent tickets.

In an earlier tweet directed towards old PTI workers, Imran had written: “If any of you feel you have been neglected or unfairly overlooked in the allocation of party tickets, you should bring a petition to PTI central office.”

Related posts