–Pakistan rubbishes Indian PM’s claims that India had informed Pakistan about ‘surgical strikes’ across LoC
ISLAMABAD: The Pakistani Foreign Office (FO) on Thursday rejected Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s recent claim regarding ‘surgical strikes’ across the Line of Control (LOC) which allegedly took place in September 2016, calling it false and baseless.
Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal said that Pakistan openly condemned the claims of surgical strikes, adding that repetition does not change false claims into truth.
The Pakistani foreign office spokesperson said the whole world knew who the terrorists are and who their head is. He said India is supporting terrorism in Pakistan and their spy Kulbhushan Jadhav’s custody with Pakistan is a proof of who had been carrying out terrorist activities.
According to Dr Faisal, Jadhav was a proof of state terrorism being carried out by India.
However, he said, India’s jingoism aside, Pakistan knows how to defend itself.
‘INFORMED PAKISTAN ABOUT SURGICAL STRIKES’:
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the ‘Bharat ki Baat, Sabke Saath‘ diaspora event in London on Wednesday, claimed that before making the news of the ‘surgical strikes’ public, India had repeatedly attempted to contact Pakistan government to inform them about the operation, reported Times of India.
He said that India will not tolerate those who like to “export terror” and will respond to them “in the language they understand”, referring to the 2016 ‘surgical strikes’ across the Line of Control (LoC),
On September 28, 2016, India had claimed that the country carried out surgical strikes on seven terror launch pads across the LoC, inflicting “significant casualties”.
The Pakistan military, however, had swiftly rubbished the notions of a surgical strike, saying: “This quest by the Indian establishment to create media hype by rebranding cross-border fire as a surgical strike is a fabrication of the truth. Pakistan has made it clear that if there is a surgical strike on Pakistani soil, the same will be strongly responded.”
“I said before India gets to know, we should call Pakistan and tell them what we did so they can come and collect the dead bodies if they have time. We were calling them since 11 am but they were scared to answer the phone. At 12 we spoke to them and then told the Indian media,” he was quoted as saying.
“We believe in peace. But we will not tolerate those who like to export terror. We will give back strong answers and in the language they understand. Terrorism will never be accepted,” Modi said.