Successful applicants can send close relatives instead of themselves for Hajj


ISLAMABAD: The successful applicants for this year’s hajj, who wish to send their close relatives to perform the Hajj in their place, have asked to submit applications for the purpose.

According to a notification issued by the religious ministry, successful applicants of the government Hajj scheme, who are unable to go for pilgrimage this year despite being declared successful by the ministry in the recent balloting, have been asked to apply first for taking back their deposited money.

The refund forms can be obtained by clicking The forms should be deposited to the account officer of the ministry.

The ministry will issue a Refund Authority Letter, allowing the applicant to get his deposited money back from the relevant bank branch. After getting the refund, another application should be submitted to the section officer of Hajj policy, requesting permission to allow his/her close relative as his/her substitute to perform Hajj as part of the Government Hajj Scheme on his or her place.

The ministry will then issue a letter showing its consent to the substitute Haji. The substitute Haji will submit his/her Hajj application along with a copy of his/her passport to the relevant bank branch.

The successful applicant who cannot perform Hajj should submit the reason for withdrawal including death certificate, medical certificate etc.

The substitute Haji must be a close relative of the successful applicant. Proof of relationship, a copy of the substitute’s passport, and computerised national identity card should also be submitted to the ministry.