Raise in postal rates on the cards | Pakistan Today

Raise in postal rates on the cards

ISLAMABAD: The Standing Committee on Postal Services was apprised that a summary has been forwarded to the prime minister for increment in postal rates which will result in Rs 4 to 5 billion increase in the revenue of Pakistan Post.

The meeting of the Standing Committee on Postal Services was held on Wednesday in Parliament House under the Chairmanship of Syed Iftikhar-ul-Hassan.

The Pakistan Post director general informed the committee that the perception is totally wrong that Pakistan Post is running in loss besides the fact, the revenue of Pakistan Post was increased with the rate of 5% at every year but due to increase in Salaries & Pensions 80% of the current budget was allocated for the pensioners and salaries of the employees and the remaining 20% is not quite enough to meet the operational challenges.

The committee decided to invite the representatives of the Finance and Planning Division in the next meeting in order to brief the committee on the issue.

While briefing about the up-gradation of the post offices, Pakistan Post director general informed the Committee that ministry has signed MOU with South Korea to improve the infrastructure of post offices. The committee constituted a sub-committee under the convenorship of Hamid-ul-Haq Khalil to examine the issues of Pakistan Post and float proposals for its betterment.

The meeting was attended by Syed Muhammad Athar Hussain Shah Gillani, Khadim Hussain, Ghulam Muhammad Lali, Shahida Rehmani, Shah Jehan Bolach, Lal Chand Malhi, Hamid-ul-Haq Khalil and Aisha Syed.



Related posts

Top