A three-member inquiry committee was constituted by the Balochistan government on Monday to investigate the murder of 20 labourers in the province’s Kech district in November and submit a report on it within the next 15 days.
The decision was taken during a meeting, held under the chairmanship of Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri, to review the progress made in the case so far. Balochistan Police chief Moazzam Jah Ansari, Home Secretary Dr Akbar Harifal, Makran Commissioner Bashir Ahmed Bangulzai and senior officers were also present at the meeting.
Security forces had recovered 15 bodies on November 15, whereas five more bodies were later found on November 18. Initial reports had suggested that all the 20 labourers were killed by suspected terrorists.
The Supreme Court had also taken notice of the killing.
The newly constituted committee will be headed by an additional home secretary and will submit its report to the provincial government within next 15 days.
Speaking on the occasion, Zehri said that the perpetrators of the act would be brought to justice. “A handful of elements were involved in such kinds of terrorist acts at the behest of their foreign masters,” the chief minister claimed.
He also directed the concerned quarters not to allow anyone to sneak into Iran on their way to European countries. “We will ensure the writ of the government everywhere,” he told the meeting.