TTP behind attack on DPO, says Sarfraz Bugti | Pakistan Today

TTP behind attack on DPO, says Sarfraz Bugti

QUETTA: Balochistan Home Minister Sarfraz Bugti said on Tuesday that the two suspected facilitators accused of being involved in an attack on District Police Officer (DPO) Sajid Mohmand in Balochistan’s Chaman area in July earlier this year were arrested.

Addressing a press conference here, the home minister identified the two facilitators as Mehmood ─ who went by the aliases Rizwan and Omar ─ and Muhammad Saleem, who was also known by the names Jandullah and Hafiz Sahab. The suspects, who are believed to have links with the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and were responsible for planning the Chaman terror attack, were arrested during a raid conducted by security forces and police.

The home minister said that Afghan soil was being used to create unrest in Balochistan. He added that the two suspects had confessed to planning the attack while they were in the Spin Boldak area of Afghanistan’s volatile Kandahar province.

The facilitators were paid a large amount of money in Afghanistan to carry out the attack on the DPO, Bugti said and added that the security forces also recovered a suicide jacket from the possession of the men.

A confessional video of the suspects was played for journalists at the press conference where Frontier Corps and police officials were also present.



Related posts

One Comment;

  1. Sami Baloch said:

    Improve the immigration policy and deport all Afghan refugees. Pakistan has an incomplete policy of counter terrorism

Comments are closed.

Top