The first part of phase-I under 6th population census has been completed successfully without recording any untoward incident while the government is ready to start the second round of the first phase on Friday, Chief Census Commissioner Asif Bajwa said Thursday.
Addressing a news conference, accompanied by Secretary Statistics Division Dr Shujat Ali, Mr Bajwa informed that all necessary equipment had been provided to the enumerators who would conduct in the remaining 40,200 blocks of the 63 districts across the country.
The Chief Census Commissioner said the second round would also be conducted in the same way as it was held in the first one.
During first three days, he said the enumerators would finish house listing work while from April 3, population census process would start which would last until April 12 while on April 13, the shelterless people would be counted.
Bajwa said during the first round, the enumerators reached to about 8 million households and the census teams made random verification of those houses.
He said during the process, not a single major untoward incident occurred.
“People remained very cooperative with the enumerators and any complaint of non-compliance of the public was not received from the enumerators”, Bajwa added.
He said in a bid to register complaints of the public control rooms had been established on Tehsil levels and people were very enthusiastic about the census process.