Rawalpindi factory fire extinguished after 16 hours


RAWALPINDI:  Fire erupted in a cotton factory on Chak Baili Road in Rawalpindi was extinguished after 16 hours.

Six workers were injured in the fire whereas cotton worth millions of rupees was reduced to ashes.

The fire broke out in the factory on Saturday at 11 am due to cigarette smoking.

It spread gradually due to lack of fire fighting system and the late arrival of fire brigade officials.

Only one fire fighting team of Rescue 1122 service was dispatched to extinguish the blaze which was not enough in the first place given the magnitude of the incident.

Another was sent later after which both the teams tried for nine hours to douse the fire but all in vain.