DNA report resolves puzzle about Tayyaba’s biological parents


The DNA test has eventually resolved the puzzle of the real parents of Tayyaba, a 10-year-old maid who was allegedly tortured by her employers, an additional district & sessions judge and his wife, it has been learnt reliably.

Sources said that the DNA report determined that Muhammad Azam and Nusrat Bibi, residents of the suburbs of Jaranwala, were the real parents of Tayyaba.

The torture case of the minor child took strange twist when different persons came to the fore claiming to be her parents.

“DNA samples have established that Tayyaba is the daughter of Mohammad Azam and Nusrat,” said PIMS Executive Director Dr Altaf on Tuesday.

The couple from Jaranwala were the first to claim Tayyaba as their daughter, with four other couples making the same claim.

The DNA test was conducted more than a week ago following court orders, Tayyaba herself had also identified Azam and Nusrat as her parents.

The report will be submitted in court during the next hearing, which is scheduled for January 18.

Meanwhile, the accused judge claimed that the torture case was a conspiracy by his neighbours.

Denying all the charges of torture, the judge and his wife in their statements said a few neighbours allegedly hatched a conspiracy against them. The couple said they had kept the girl on a humanitarian basis due to poverty of her parents.

The judge and his spouse were booked after the minor girl accused them of keeping her in a wrongful confinement, burning her hand over a missing broom, beating her with a ladle, detaining her in storeroom and threatening her of even worse.

AD&SJ Khurram said on Dec 27, a day before Tayyaba’s photograph surfaced in the social media, he returned from his village at around 7pm.

His wife informed him that Tayyaba had gone to the house of a neighbour and was refusing to come back.

Subsequently, he stated, her disappearance was reported to the I-9 police.

Early on Dec 29, the judge said, the girl came back to his house and in the evening was handed over to SHO Khalid Awan who took her for a medical examination and then sent her to Darul Aman.