Donald Trump statement on banning Muslims from US has disappeared from his website | Pakistan Today

Donald Trump statement on banning Muslims from US has disappeared from his website

  • The president-elect no longer has the 7 December 2015 statement

Donald Trump’s team has removed the statement on his website to ban all Muslims from the US.

On the same night that millions of votes were pouring in for the real estate mogul turned politician, the page linking to his December statement regarding a temporary and complete Muslim has been removed.

Read more: Donald Trump becomes 45th president of the United States

The page now redirects to his a page encouraging voters to donate to his campaign.

The page was available on the morning of the election on 8 November, according to online caches. But the redirected was added later the same night.

Caches like the Wayback Machine work by crawling websites intermittently and making a copy of what it finds there. As such, it’s not possible to say exactly what time the redirect was added, but only that the change had been made between those two times it was crawled.

Mr Trump was widely condemned for his call shortly after the terrorist attacks in Paris in November 2015 to temporarily ban all Muslims until he figured out “what the hell was going on”.

Read more: Pak-US Business Council greets Trump, urges him to help boost bilateral trade

Mr Trump and his allies have consistently defended the ban, insisting the measure was about Americans’ “safety” and not about discriminating against religion. Videos and speeches defending the ban remain on the Trump campaign website.

The Trump campaign could not be immediately contacted.

It is not the first time the Trump team has scrubbed pages from its websites.

After speculation rose thatMelania Trump did not complete her university degree, her biography page was taken down and started to redirect to Mr Trump’s golf course.

Mr Trump won the presidential election on 8 November with 279 electoral votes.

Read more: Trump says he will be president ‘for all Americans’

Courtesy: The Independent

Related posts


  1. Adi said:

    This saddens me (a Hindu) immensely. 2% muslims are terrorists. And the other 98 % support them.

  2. Lopez said:

    This article discusses a recent case example where a litany of wrong decisions created a problem for a client which ultimately worked out to the good with a bit of lateral thinking, good luck and the application of strategy. Click here residency consultant

Comments are closed.