In new directives issued, hardliner Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi barred leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party from talking to anyone over the strikes.
Earlier in a cabinet meeting he chaired today in New Delhi, Modi was unable to answer questions posed by the opposition to him via-a-authenticity of surgical strikes along the Line of Control.
Several top officials including Indian National Security Advisor Ajit Doval sat together to come up with a statement on suspected surgical attack but could not come to a conclusion, the Indian media reported.
New Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday urged Prime Minister Modi to prove that his claim of the strikes was true, while former Indian home minister Chidambaram said India was over-publicising the issue. Shortly afterwards, Kejriwal became the victim of an ink attack by extremists as he was leaving the house of a local leader.
Earlier this week, the Pakistan Army after firmly denying Indian claims of surgical strikes took independent journalists to the LoC at Baghsir, 20 kilometers from Bhimber to show the situation on the ground.
ISPR DG General Asim Bajwa stressed that while Pakistan had brought journalists to the LoC and was showing them the situation on ground; India was not allowing the same access to its own people, which was suspicious. He said the choppers are ready anytime and he would fly the journalists to any of the five stations India claims it attacked and they could meet the troops and even meet the population so the truth can be seen by their own eyes.