Minister for Finance Revenue Statistics and Economic Affairs Division Ishaq Dar on Friday said the case against him in the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) was falsely framed and the decision of its executive board had validated his stance.
Talking to a private news channel, the minister said he had been repeatedly claiming that there is no charge of corruption or misappropriation against him.
Dar said, “I was surprised when in 2015 NAB presented a list of 252 pending cases to the court of Justice Jawwad S. Khawaja in which my name was also included.
At that time also I had stated that it was all rubbish and had strongly reacted to the situation.”
Dar said he had challenged NAB to produce evidence if there was any and prosecute him. Otherwise, close the case.
“Thanks to God finally they have realized their mistake and closed down the case.”
Dar said in the list of 252 cases two cases were framed on the basis of anonymous complaints and it was the duty of NAB to investigate these complaints.
He said this false case wasted his precious time and made him undergo agony for which he reserved the right to move against those responsible.
“Since I hold the public office I have not yet decided to move against them.
But as soon as I relinquish the office I shall consult legal aides to move against the Musharraf era Chairmen of NAB and others responsible”, he added.