Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has said that the backbone of terrorists has been broken and that they would soon be thrown into the dustbin of history. He stressed on the need to fight poverty, unemployment, instability alongside battling terrorism, as the country marked two years since the start of operation Zarb-e-Azb.
Zarb-e-Azb was launched on June 15, 2014, following a brazen militant attack on Karachi’s international airport and the failure of peace talks between the government and Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP)’s negotiators.
In a special statement marking two years of the operation, the PM, who is recuperating in London after an open heart surgery said: “We need to turn Pakistan into a cradle of peace, the Pakistani nation is like a brick wall against internal and external foes”.
He said the nation is united for the defence of the country.
Sharif said that these two years would prove to be an everlasting beacon of light for the new generation.
“Heroic tales of courage, valour and sacrifice will remain a legacy in our history and the government has decided to make a final decision to get rid of terrorism,” the PM said.
Nawaz Sharif also said that Pakistan army and other law enforcement agencies have played a vital role to eradicate terrorism and to promote harmony and peace in the country. Army officers presented priceless sacrifices to the country, Nawaz Sharif added.
He expressed determination and stated that terrorist had been apprehended from every front and soon the identity and mission of the terrorists would be placed in the dustbin of history.