Madonna has been left shattered after realising that she’s fighting a ‘losing battle’ with her ex-husband, director Guy Ritchie, in a bitter custody battle for her 15-year-old son Rocco to come home to US.
According to The Mail, Madge has been left “utterly bereft” after realising that her son won’t return to the family home in the US.
A friend close to the 57-year-old singer said: “She won’t stop fighting to try to make sure Rocco is kept safe and has what he needs. She can’t understand why it has come to this. Her world has been shattered.”
Madonna and her ex are said to have reached a temporary truce as their lawyers enter negotiations over the care for their son.
Madonna is also asking to be notified of Rocco’s partying and asks that Ritchie allows him to have “native security”, so that an eye can be kept on their son’s safety.
She broke down on stage as she talked about her love for Rocco. The Queen of Pop dedicated a song to her teen son as she performed in Auckland, New Zealand on Friday night, according to TMZ. She further said, “There is no love stronger than a mother for her son,” she told the audience. “But if I talk about him too much I might cry.”
Last week a judge urged Madonna and her ex husband Guy to reach an “amicable resolution” to their bitter custody battle.
Judge Mr. Justice MacDonald described the dispute as “highly unfortunate and deeply regrettable” and said he had to decide whether UK proceedings should end, or whether he should make the decisions for the teenager’s welfare.