Minister for Inter Provincial Coordination Mian Riaz Hussain Pirzada on Tuesday informed the Senate that national census would be held this year and that it was delayed because the army was engaged in the operation Zarb-e-Azb.
Responding to a question during Question Hour, the minister said that the Council of Common Interests (CCI) in its last meeting held on March 18, 2015 had decided that the census would be held in March, 2016 as per the proposal of the Statistics Division.
However, the census was had been put off for the time being due to the army’s engagement in the operation. The census would be conducted under the supervision of the armed forces, he added.
He said the funds would be shared from the divisible pool by all the provinces jointly.
The minister said that the Pakistan Cricket Board is represented by 16 regions all over the country including Balochistan, which has two regions including Quetta and Dera Murad Jamali.
To another question, Raiz Pirzada said the PCB had zero-tolerance policy towards corruption in cricket. The PCB has its integral Anti-Corruption and Security Unit working in coordination with International Cricket Council (ICC)’s Anti-Corruption Unit to curb spot fixing and match fixing.