Three children belonging to the same family died early Monday morning in a fire that erupted in their house in Muslim Colony within the Secretariat police precincts.
A police official said that the fire erupted probably due to petrol kept in bottles in the house. Three children including Noor, 4, Ramble, 8, and Usman, 18 months, died while their father Ansar Iqbal, mother Rubina and two sisters Haleema and Umber got serious burn injuries.
The injured persons have been shifted to Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) where their treatment was underway.
The fire brigades and Rescue teams rushed to the scene and extinguished the fire as investigation is underway to ascertain the actual reason behind fire.