KFC again! Customer is shocked after discovering a 3-inch metal wire in her burger


A horrified diner has told of her disgust after biting into a three-inch slab of METAL in her chicken burger at a popular fast food restaurant.

When Lucia Richardson tucked into her Zinger Burger, she bit down on the metal after buying it at her local KFC branch in Martlesham, near Ipswich, Suffolk.

The 29-year-old purchased the meal at the restaurant’s drive-thru on Saturday afternoon during a day out with her 27-year-old brother and baby daughter.

Miss Richardson, of Wickham Market, Suffolk, said: “I was about five bites into the burger when I suddenly bit into something hard.

“Thinking it was a bone, I pulled it from my mouth.

“When it had finally come out and I looked at it, I was nearly physically sick.

“It was a piece of metal. They (KFC) were very good and took my name so they could file a report of the incident and they provided me with a new Zinger Burger.”

“But I just can’t believe this multi-million pound company can let things like this happen.”

She added: “It’s a good job I didn’t swallow this piece of metal because I don’t want to think about what would have happened to me – or anyone else for that matter.

“I just couldn’t believe it. It could have been my little niece eating that. ”

“There were a lot of children outside, it could have easily been one of them.”

KFC have been in touch with Lucia, and she is due to meet the area manager at the popular eatery tomorrow.

Since the incident, she has been offered vouchers for KFC as an apology.

“I’m happy they’ve acknowledged it and dealt with it efficiently,” she stressed. “But I rarely eat KFC so vouchers really aren’t going to benefit me greatly.”

A KFC spokeswoman said: “We are very sorry for Lucia’s experience and launched an immediate investigation.

“That has found the item is likely to be from a plastic brush used in hand-breading the chicken. “We have robust procedures and checks in place to prevent this from happening.

“The restaurant achieved the best possible Food Hygiene Rating of five stars out of five on its most recent Environmental Health inspection, so we’re very sorry that on this rare occasion we failed to meet our usual high standards.

“We would like to reassure Lucia and our customers that this was a one-off incident.

“We have reminded staff to be extra vigilant to ensure this doesn’t happen again.”

Article was originally published in the Mirror.