Scores of people who were trapped in a hotel on one of the floors of a Lahore Liberty plaza have been rescued to safety, according to reports.
“The fire broke out in the wee hours of Monday in a super store on the ground floor of a commercial building in Liberty Market located in an upscale neighbourhood of Punjab’s provincial capital,” sources told a private media outlet.
Dozens of firemen, even with the help of seven fire tenders and a snorkel, have not been able to fight the blaze down as yet; however they have found out the cause of fire was a short-circuit.
According to District Coordination Officer (DCO) Capt (Retd) Muhammad Usman, Rescue 1122 has pulled out at least 14 people out of the ablaze building.
According to latest report the fire has worked its way up to the third floor of the building.
This is a developing story and will be updated accordingly.