Several senior Fifa officials have been arrested in a dawn raid at a luxury Swiss hotel as part of an investigation into alleged “institutionalised corruption”.
Here are the latest updates:
• Fifa officials arrested in corruption investigation
• Separate probe launched into allocation of 2018 and 2022 World Cups
• Police executed an early morning raid at a Zurich hotel
• New York Times names indicted officials
• Those charged include Fifa vice president Jeffrey Webb
• US officials say president Sepp Blatter ‘not yet cleared’
• Allegations include wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering
• Officials to be extradited to the US to face federal charges
• They are being investigated on suspicion of the ‘acceptance of bribes and kick-backs’ worth more than $100m
This article was originally published in the Independent.