An anti-terrorism court (ATC) hearing Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti’s murder case on Wednesday exempted former president Pervez Musharraf from appearing in court for the day’s hearing.
Judge Aftab Ahmed directed Akbar Bugti’s son Jamil Akbar Bugti to record his statement before the court in the next hearing.
Musharraf’s lawyer Akhtar Shah requested the court to grant his client permanent exemption from appearing before the court but the judgment in this respect was reserved. Judge Ahmed said that no progress had been made in the case over the past two years. “There has to be some progress in the case,” he said.
Former interior minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao and former Balochistan home minister Mir Shoaib Nowsherwani also appeared before the court.
In the preceding hearing, a medical board comprising senior doctors had submitted its report on Musharraf’s health, which said the former military ruler was suffering from spinal and cardiac diseases, among others.