Protest to continue until Altaf’s safety assured: Sattar | Pakistan Today

Protest to continue until Altaf’s safety assured: Sattar

Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Farooq Sattar said on Wednesday that the party would continue its protests until the government did not obtain a guarantee from its British counterpart that their chief who had been arrested by authorities would be protected.

The MQM leader said Hussain’s health was the party’s biggest concern at the moment. He also said that no charges had been pressed against the MQM chief, adding that detention without charges contradicted the tenets of justice. Sattar said nobody could be arrested for questioning in Britain.

He also refuted the news that Hussain’s bail application had been rejected, saying that it was simply a baseless rumour. He said lawyers representing Hussain would submit a bail application on Wednesday.

Sattar said several of the country’s top political leaders had expressed solidarity with MQM, adding that everyone had declared the matter as that of a sensitive nature.

The MQM leader said Karachi’s traders and transporters had also promised them full support.

Sattar warned that if their chief was harmed while being held in custody by British authorities, then the matter would slip out of control.



Related posts

Top