Get your money back!

0
78

The Religious Affairs Ministry on Monday asked the 73,772 unsuccessful government scheme hajj applicants to take back their money anytime from their respective banks, on producing original receipt and computerised national identity cards (CNICs).

A ministry official said that the aspiring pilgrims, who failed to qualify for the scheme, could take their money back.

He said the ministry would soon issue intimation letters to 53,814 successful Hajj applicants. They should visit their respective bank branches with original receipts and must deposit their machine readable passports by June, 10. The passport must be valid up to March 31, 2015.

To a question, he said the scheme applicants could check their status by visiting www.hajjinfo.org/. A total of 127,586 applications had been deposited in 6,500 across country branches of six schedule banks.

The month-long Hajj operation will commence from August 27. The buildings are being hired by a high powered committee to ensure transparency. The committee comprising director general Hajj, a representative of Pakistan ambassador in Saudi Arabia and director general Hajj in Jeddah, Madina and accounts officer in Jeddah.