Plastic toys factory gutted

0
51

Fire caused by an electric short circuit gutted a plastic toys factory causing millions of rupee losses on Tuesday.

Sources said that fire started due to electric spark in the three-storey plastic factory located on Brandreth Road.

Six fire brigade vehicles reached the scene soon after being informed and started efforts to extinguish the fire. The fire tenders had to face problems to reach the site of fire due to congested and narrow streets.

The blaze was brought under control after hectic efforts of several hours. Meantime, manufactured plastic toys, raw material, chemicals and machinery worth million of rupees was gutted.

The factory owner held Wapda responsible and said he should be compensated for the loss.