Enquiry tribunal on Pindi carnage starts proceedings

0
93

The enquiry tribunal on Rawalpindi incident presided over by Justice Mamoon Rashid Sheikh of the Lahore High Court (LHC) on Monday formally initiated the proceedings.
The tribunal, through its Registrar Muhammad Yar Gondal in a public notice, has invited individuals, who wanted to record their statements about the incident, to get themselves registered by showing their National Identity Card (NIC) and submitting its copy at the Registrar Office (Court Room No 8 of LHC Rawalpindi Bench) till 4 pm Friday. The tribunal started the registration process on Monday at 10 am.
“All the individuals who may wish to record their statements into the incident, may do so by submitting affidavit which can be coupled with evidential proof/proofs, besides visual recordings or any documents in support of their statement,” the notice added.
The tribunal directed all the state functionaries inclusive of government officials and officers, to extend their every cooperation.

21 more accused arrested
Police on Monday arrested 21 more accused including four policemen involved in Rawalpindi carnage on Ashura. City Police Officer (CPO) Akhtar Hayat Laleka said that 21 accused involved in Ashura incident identified through CCTV footage have been detained. He said that the nabbed accused included four cops including two personnel belonging to the Islamabad Police. Laleka said that so far 35 accused allegedly involved in Rawalpindi tragedy have been arrested while search operation for others was in progress. It should be mentioned that several people were martyred and injured when participants of a mourning procession attacked a seminary besides setting ablaze several markets in Raja Bazaar area of the city on 10th of Muharram.