Seven killed as bombs rock three provincial capitals




Three bombing on Thursday in three provincial capitals claimed seven lives and left dozens injured in continued violence across the country.

The most deaths occurred in an attack in Quetta. Six people were killed and more than 25 others injured in a high-intensity bomb blast near main police station of the city.

According to police, unknown miscreants planted explosives near the City police station situated in Liaquat Bazaar area of Quetta.

As a result of the blast, six people were killed on the spot, while more than two dozen others sustained wounds. The causalities included children and policemen.

The bodies and injured were shifted to Civil Hospital Quetta for medico-legal requirements.

Police said that it was high-intensity blast heard across the surrounding areas of the site. Tension prevailed in the area after the blast and local population was restricted to homes.

Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif strongly condemned the bombing and sympathised with the affected families.

In Lahore, a strong explosion occurred in the Old Anarkali area on Thursday morning, killing one person and injuring more than a dozen.

According to reports, a timed-device exploded in a restaurant in Old Anarkali area that killed one man and injured 15 others who were shifted to MayoHospital for treatment.

Three of the injured, including a woman, were said to be in critical condition.

Several nearby shops were also damaged due to the impact of the blast.

DIG Operations Rai Tahir said the bomb was equipped with a timed-device and confirmed that at least one person had died.

Another police official said that two suspects were taken into custody by security personnel during a search operation conducted in the area.

In Peshawar, three security personnel were injured in an explosion on Ring Road on Thursday.

MPA Nighat Orakzai, who was an eyewitness, said the explosion took place near a security force vehicle deployed to provide security to members of the anti-polio team.

Orakzai added that there were seven people in the vehicle at the time of the explosion.


  1. Its time for the government to give the army the go-ahead to start the talk process with the taliban with bullets and bombs and shut them up once in for all.Enough is enough.

Comments are closed.