An accountability court on Friday extended the physical remand of Tauqir Sadiq, prime accused in the OGRA scam, to NAB for another 12 days, and ordered NAB to produce the accused in court again on September 10.
NAB prosecutor, Barrister Saeedur Rehman told the court that statements of four senior officers of the Sui Southern Gas Company were recorded on August 22. “Recovery has to be made from the UAE bank account, therefore, request has been made for joint legal help.”
The NAB prosecutor said recovery of Rs 3.2 billion had been made in the case so far. “Sadiq’s partner has returned a sum of Rs 13.4 million in the form of cheque which he had received as his ‘commission’.”
One of the other accused is in Ajman and one is in Canada.
NAB also presented Sadiq’s medical examination report to the court, according to which, his eyesight was all right and his hand pain was an old one which required medical treatment.
Sadiq’s counsel opposed to NAB’s plea of seeking further remand of his client, saying investigations were as carried out in eight days of the 14 days given earlier so further remand should be not granted.