Rain doesn’t deter robbers from work


Robbers had yet another field day in the city despite heavy rain on Monday as more than a dozen incidents of robberies and related crimes were reported to the police.
Nasir, a resident of Shadbagh was returning home with his family from a wedding when robbers broke into his house and stripped them off jewelry, electrical gadgets and cash. Nasir tried to catch one of the robbers but his accomplice shot two bullets at him, hitting him in the head. He was rushed to a hospital where doctors have pronounced his situation “critical”.
Aslam, also a resident of Shadbagh, was robbed off Rs 60,000 and got injured when he resisted the criminals.
Lateef Ahmed, a resident of Islampura was robbed in his house off Rs 500,000 worth of gold jewelry, mobile phones and cash. Fiaz Ahmed of Hanjarwal was also robbed off Rs 500,000 at his house.
Mohsin and Abid were deprived of Rs 400,000 each at Iqbal Town and Garhi Shahu, respectively. Niamat of Shafiqabad was robbed off cash and valuables worth Rs 200,000 when robbers broke into his house.
Arif, a resident of Race Course, and Numan of Johar Town were robbed off Rs 100,000 each.
Robbers fled with goods and cash amounting to Rs 1.2 million from the house of Nizam Uddin at Mustafabad. A shopkeeper at Misri Shah was robbed off Rs 500,000 worth of goods at his shop.
In other incidents, cars were stolen in DHA, Muslim Town and Shadman, whereas motorbikes were stolen from Naseerabad, Garden Town, Sandah, Gulshan-e-Iqbal and Kot Lakhpat areas.
MURDERS: Besides robberies, the police also had to deal with two dead bodies.
The body of an unidentified man was found lying at a roadside in the jurisdiction of Qila Gujjar Singh police station. Police shifted it to the morgue where doctors estimated the age of the deceased to be around 50 while the cause of his death is thought to be drug drug abuse. However post mortem was not initiated till this report was filed.
Separately, a bullet-ridden body of a 50-year-old guard posted at the head office of a textile mill in Gulberg was found when the guards on morning duty broke into the office after making repeated calls to the deceased to let them in.


Comments are closed.