10 laborers shot dead in Mastung

4
101

Ten laborers were killed and four others were injured when armed men opened indiscriminate fire after lining them up in a file in the Dasht area of Balochistan’s Mastung district on Thursday.
The injured included a young boy. A previously unknown Baloch militant group, United Baloch Army has claimed responsibility for the murders. A spokesman for the purported group, who introduced himself as Mureed Baloch, telephoned newspaper offices and claimed responsibility for the Dasht killings as well as yesterday’s bombing at Quetta’s Sariab road.Per details, a group of laborers were busy in road construction work in the Splingy area of Dasht when two armed men riding a motorcycle appeared and asked them to get into a single file. The assailants then opened indiscriminate fire on them, killing nine men on the spot and seriously injuring five others. One of the injured succumbed to his injuries some time later. Mastung Deputy Commissioner Shah Irfan Gharshin said the dead were identified as Barat, Naiko, Noor Mohammad, Aurangzaib, Daro Khan, Yar Mohammad, Akbar, Niamatullah, Mohammad Saleem and Abdul Ghaffar while the injured included Barat Khan, Mirza Khan, Baran and Gulab Khan.
One of the injured, Barat Khan, said around 10 armed men came to the laborers’ camp in two vehicles on Wednesday and asked them to leave the area or face the consequences. He said that on Thursday morning, two motorcyclists appeared on the site and asked the laborers to surrender their cash and mobile phones. The laborers followed their direction considering them robbers. Barat said one of the two attackers was filming the incident while the other got to work. Following the incident, relatives of the deceased from Samungli area, a suburb of Quetta, rushed to the hospital and staged a protest on the Jinnah Road. The Quetta deputy commissioner and DIG (Operation) held negotiations with the protestors and persuaded them to disperse peacefully. On the other hand, Pakhtoonkhawa Milli Awami Party also staged a protest outside the Quetta Press Club and gave a call for a shutter-down strike. The speakers strongly condemned the killing of laborers and demanded the authorities apprehend the attackers.
Balochistan Governor Nawab Zulfiqar Ali Magsi and Chief Minister Nawab Aslam Raisani strongly condemned the killings and directed the administration to arrest the culprits as soon as possible.

4 COMMENTS

  1. Pakistan has now become a jungle state, Saudi backed Muslim radicals have destroyed what was left Corrupt leaders.

  2. What do you gain from killing the poor and the helpless??? When is the government going to get off their sorry a**s**s** and do something about it rather then talk alot of nothing>

  3. It is only a matter of time when these killers will be brought to book. We are just waiting for when Chief Justice gets some time from saving his son and bashing ISI , FC and army. once he is free these killers will be running for their lives.

Comments are closed.