No ‘Astaghfaar’ for Veena | Pakistan Today

No ‘Astaghfaar’ for Veena

Newly-launched Hero TV of the Express media group has decided not to air its special program for Ramadan, ‘Astaghfaar’, in the face of a mounting public outcry and an online petition that had garnered plenty of support against its controversial host, Veena Malik.
The promo for Veena’s Ramadan special made rounds on every social networking website, prompting hundreds of blog entries and sealing the deal for skyrocketing ratings for Hero TV before even being launched.
The criticism it received, however, outweighed appreciation by a mile, with several community pages on Facebook, derisive internet meme’s and thousands of posts and comments devoted to grounding the show before it aired.
PEMRA subsequently took up the issue with Hero TV, after receiving over 3,000 complaints on its official website.
A naysayer on the website complained saying, “Hero TV intends to air a program in Ramadan hosting Veena Malik. The program and channel might have a positive vision about this, but I strongly feel that this program will actually be another act of making fun of Islam. Any program that has a clear vision to promote channel rankings by making fun of Islam or any other religion must not be allowed to go on air, especially in Islamic Republic of Pakistan.”
Talking to Pakistan Today, PEMRA spokesman Fakhruddin Mughal said that Hero TV’s ‘Astaghfaar’ went against the authority’s code of conduct and hurt public sentiment and aspirations.
He said that Hero TV was informed about the massive criticism invoked on social media as well as by religious and social groups, and it decided to take the show down without further ado.
The promos and trailers of the show, in which Veena appeared with a teary face, sparked an outrage across social media platforms. Several blog posts alleged that this was only a marketing stunt and Hero TV had never intended to air the show.
However, the PEMRA spokesman denied this statement, revealing that Veena had indeed been hired for the program.
Looks like the queen of scandal, Veena, will not be repenting her sins on cable TV after all. While the online roster for complaints on the PEMRA website had indeed gained enough objections to take action, a lot of her fans on Twitter vociferously tweeted against this move, asking for Aamir Liaquat and Maya Khan’s respective shows to be taken off air as well.
Astaghfaar Promo
Published on Youtube by Hero TV



Related posts

77 Comments

  1. Sara Syed said:

    Who the hell are we to stop her from doing ASTAGHFAAR? Its all between her and ALLAH. We better b concerned abt our own amaal naama rather than cursing her.

    • Awais said:

      It's not about stopping her from ASTAGHFAAR Ms Sara..It's about her character. Did you hear about the tag line she was using "Ap kay aur meray gunahon ka astaghfaar". So, do you really think that she is the person who can really get the astaghfaar done for you.! if she want to Astaghfaar then she surely can do it by leaving showbiz and doing it at her home.. Characterless person appearing on a TV show claiming to do astaghfaar doesn't make sense!! Don't try to be impose modern Islam! Islam is as it was before!!

    • Jamshed_Afzal said:

      The matters between her and Allah SWTare hidden from our eyes. Nobody can stop her from asking to be forgiven by Allah SWT.
      The problem is when a Person, who you and me see and become witness to his or her actions which are more than like a slap on the face of mine and your culture & belife, it becomes hard to absorb that we will be preached by him or her.
      One night in club and next in masjid, do you want such a person to be your teacher, preacher ?
      You take it too easy, but it is really not that easy.

  2. Hadia Salahuddin said:

    oh yeah sure, coming on tv, caking urself in makeup and having ur head nearly uncovered is surely the way of doing Astaghfar.

  3. Sarem Khan said:

    I agree With Sara ager koi apne gunah ki tobah krana chahta hai tou hum kon hotey hain osko rokne wale ho sakte hai oski Niyat Tobah k lye hum se zaida achi ho or wo hum se zaida Allah ko pasand ajaie

    • Jamshed_Afzal said:

      Aap ko pasand aa gai hae wo ?
      Mujahy to naheen aa sakti kabhi bhi, may be because I am not as tolerant as you.

      Galat ko Galat kehain,

    • bilal said:

      Toba Kay lite aap ko masjid ya kaba clayey na Kay hero tv. No one is stopping her from toba. Toba Allah say mangni hai pakistaniyon say nahi

  4. Usman Ansari said:

    I appreciate their decision. But its only because of extreme protest on social media. Unho ne initiate le liya tha

  5. Baig Atiq said:

    ZABERDAST,VERY WELL DONE BY HERO TV.Pakistani Awam Mubarakbaad k Mustahiq hain Jinhoo nay VEENA MALIK Jessi Ghatiya LARKI Ko ISLAM Ka Naam apnay lyay Use krnay say roknay k lyay AWAZ E HAQ Buland ki.TOBBA ASTAGFAR TV PER LOGOON K SAMNAY nahi hoti Balqay Raat k Teesray PEHAR ALLAH k HAZOOR akelay may Mafee MAANG kr Hoti hai.

  6. Baig Atiq said:

    VEENA MALIK nay Ager Waqee Apnay Gunahoo say Tobba Krni hai AUR ALLAH k Deen ko Sahi manoo May Follow krna hai tou SHOW BIZ ko Hamesha k lyay Bye Bye Boll ker SAADGEE SAY ALLAH Aur uss k RASOOL S.A.W.W K batahay hoaay Rastay per chal ker Life spend krain.Plzzzz TOUBA AUR ASTAGHFAR Ko Tv per Sastee Shohrat Hasil krnay k lyay na use kia jayay.

  7. Aima Khosa said:

    This was the only show in Ramadan that I was going to watch. Ah well. Maybe next year, then.

  8. Waheed Irfan said:

    U dont show off ur astaghfar on tv shows. Go pray in the nights of ramzan and do astaghfar and by the way people not ready to forgive u specially wat u did in india so u may end up caught for Haqooq al ibaad if not for Haqool Allah as ur actions severly hurt many muslims around the world.

  9. Doc Sundus Anwar said:

    behodgi hai ur kia angreezoon pae tanqeeed hu rahi hai … apni harkatain nazar nahi ati ye sab media ki ghalti hai jub behayai veena malik phaila chuki hai tu us ki ek news bhi nahi chalni chahye na k Ramazaan ka show karaen gi madam… ye onair hu tu hum sab kae liye sharam ka muqaam hai na sirf pakistani bal kae ghairmuslim bhi humara mazaq urain gae…..

  10. Sadique Panhwer said:

    if she realy want astaghfar, she first beg apology to all muslim, and then go to Umra for forgivence from Almighty Allah and also promise to with Allah for his attitude

  11. Sadique Panhwer said:

    if she realy want astaghfar, she first beg apology to all muslim, and then go to Umra for forgivence from Almighty Allah and also promise to with Allah for his attitude

  12. Muhammad Usman said:

    Lets see who owns the religion the most. Award goes to someone with most likes on their comments. Who cares, doesn’t impact you in any way.

  13. Grazar said:

    Seriously who finds her attractive?!?! Even the blind have taste.

  14. Yeswecan said:

    No shit Grazar, say hi to your ma from me alright.. i'm vision-less B-|

  15. Mundaa said:

    Do you people even know what ratings are? Stupid pakistani media brandishing the word about as if it means anything.

  16. AmankiAsha said:

    It is a sad news, I share my sorrow with the whole nation.

  17. hasan said:

    How come we say Astaghfar when Veena is visible on screen with full fledged make up nd no islamic pardah nd at the same time a look on her will remind her porn photos which will further become a reason for sins n gunah instead of Astaghfar….

  18. sultan said:

    hahahahaha!!!she is going to make fun of the whole nation.

  19. Sadique Panhwer said:

    if she realy want astaghfar, she first beg apology to all muslim, and then go to Umra for forgivence from Almighty Allah and also promise to with Allah for his attitude

  20. Saqib said:

    Some people are absolutely right that nobody can stop him by doing Astaghfaar. But what Veena Malik has done in the past, its better for her to do Astaghfaar privately and personally and not publicly as people don't want to see her anymore and besides that would she stop her upcoming vulgar movies, photos and masala song "Channo" after the Astaghfaar?

  21. Abdul Aziz said:

    If she wants to do Astaghfar, why to go with TV? Isn't it making fun of Islam? About upper comment who shown anger over banning Veen program, dear if it is between her and Allah why she doesn't try to chose another way instead of making more money over this program? Presenting such personalities on TV during Ramadan, what is this going on? A porn star gonna do such stuff now? We already condemned all those female doing programs by the name of Islam, and with the addition of such people, what type of show you were going to make? Remove all the girls from such programs, we don't need them on TV…Simply, it is also zina to watch girls on TV…

  22. Humanoids said:

    This holier than thou attitude of these scum bags who complain about her attitude, baffles me! You mean to say ya all do not do dance? or do not watch hindi flicks wearing more skimpy clothes? All your marriages are filled with Indian songs and stuff that has nothing to do with islam. But yes that is ok but not her, she has defamed islam.

  23. Sara Syed via Facebo said:

    Who the hell are we to stop her from doing ASTAGHFAAR? Its all between her and ALLAH. We better b concerned abt our own amaal naama rather than cursing her.

    • care said:

      my dear sister,do you know where istagfaar is done and how it is done;i will appeal to every muslim to avoid that show as it is haram;for your own sake

  24. Irfan M. Rajput via said:

    I know its holy month but what to tell her…. its simply whore-dom

  25. Hadia Salahuddin via said:

    oh yeah sure, coming on tv, caking urself in makeup and having ur head nearly uncovered is surely the way of doing Astaghfar.

  26. Sarem Khan via Faceb said:

    I agree With Sara ager koi apne gunah ki tobah krana chahta hai tou hum kon hotey hain osko rokne wale ho sakte hai oski Niyat Tobah k lye hum se zaida achi ho or wo hum se zaida Allah ko pasand ajaie

  27. Usman Ansari via Fac said:

    I appreciate their decision. But its only because of extreme protest on social media. Unho ne initiate le liya tha

  28. Shamz Ulzaman via Fa said:

    Good idea not to hv her air the programme….publicity stunt as always

  29. Baig Atiq via Facebo said:

    ZABERDAST,VERY WELL DONE BY HERO TV.Pakistani Awam Mubarakbaad k Mustahiq hain Jinhoo nay VEENA MALIK Jessi Ghatiya LARKI Ko ISLAM Ka Naam apnay lyay Use krnay say roknay k lyay AWAZ E HAQ Buland ki.TOBBA ASTAGFAR TV PER LOGOON K SAMNAY nahi hoti Balqay Raat k Teesray PEHAR ALLAH k HAZOOR akelay may Mafee MAANG kr Hoti hai.

  30. Baig Atiq via Facebo said:

    VEENA MALIK nay Ager Waqee Apnay Gunahoo say Tobba Krni hai AUR ALLAH k Deen ko Sahi manoo May Follow krna hai tou SHOW BIZ ko Hamesha k lyay Bye Bye Boll ker SAADGEE SAY ALLAH Aur uss k RASOOL S.A.W.W K batahay hoaay Rastay per chal ker Life spend krain.Plzzzz TOUBA AUR ASTAGHFAR Ko Tv per Sastee Shohrat Hasil krnay k lyay na use kia jayay.

  31. Khaqan Javaid Qazi v said:

    Wow! Check out the choice of language some of the people have used in their comments.

  32. Aima Khosa via Faceb said:

    This was the only show in Ramadan that I was going to watch. Ah well. Maybe next year, then.

  33. Waheed Irfan via Fac said:

    U dont show off ur astaghfar on tv shows. Go pray in the nights of ramzan and do astaghfar and by the way people not ready to forgive u specially wat u did in india so u may end up caught for Haqooq al ibaad if not for Haqool Allah as ur actions severly hurt many muslims around the world.

  34. Doc Sundus Anwar via said:

    behodgi hai ur kia angreezoon pae tanqeeed hu rahi hai … apni harkatain nazar nahi ati ye sab media ki ghalti hai jub behayai veena malik phaila chuki hai tu us ki ek news bhi nahi chalni chahye na k Ramazaan ka show karaen gi madam… ye onair hu tu hum sab kae liye sharam ka muqaam hai na sirf pakistani bal kae ghairmuslim bhi humara mazaq urain gae…..

  35. Sadique Panhwer via said:

    if she realy want astaghfar, she first beg apology to all muslim, and then go to Umra for forgivence from Almighty Allah and also promise to with Allah for his attitude

  36. Saqib Mukhtar via Fa said:

    Some ppl are absolutely right that nobody can stop him by doing Astaghfaar. But what Veena Malik has done in the past, its better for her to do Astaghfaar privately and personally and not publicly as people don't want to see her anymore and besides that would she stop her upcoming vulgar movies, photos and masala song "Channo" after the Astaghfaar?

  37. Muhammad Usman via F said:

    Lets see who owns the religion the most. Award goes to someone with most likes on their comments. Who cares, doesn't impact you in any way.

  38. Mohammed Ali via Fac said:

    the point what some people here missing here is that astaghfar is between an individual and Allah – not for public to view as entertainment else it becomes a show and a revenue generating machine through advertisements which was obviously the intent of this program. By the way on the lighter side, what happened to her plans for playboy??

Comments are closed.

Top