Check your vote via SMS on 8300 | Pakistan Today

Check your vote via SMS on 8300

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) launched, at 11.00am on Wednesday, what is deemed as the world’s biggest voters’ Short Message Service (SMS) to facilitate 85 million voters throughout the country. According to an ECP official, the service could be used by sending the Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC) number on 8300. In response, the voter would be asked for voting details like CNIC number, electoral area, block code, Tehsil/District and Serial Number.
The service would help general public check the status of their registration in electoral rolls conveniently, anytime and anywhere, from across Pakistan, the ECP official said. The people would be able to verify their registration and particulars in the voter-lists via SMS by paying just Rs 2 per message.

Related posts

34 Comments

1. Abdul Saboor said:

Is there any other way to check votes this is little bit expensive for me and also for so many other people. This is also a way to make many for gov. Any link or web to check ?

2. Mansoor said:

Mr. Saboor.. 2 Rs. is not so expensive.. so better used this nice facility.

Anyhow… I would like to know… if there's any discrepancy in the details then what should we have to do to correct it.

• Pakistani said:

ask your friend or family member who lives in Pakistan to check for you and fwrd you the txt abroad. :p

3. SAAD said:

please check your vote via TEXT messege.this is the esiest way anD VOTE FOR IMRAN KHAN..

4. Muhammad Rafiq said:

my name is MUhammad Rafiq ( Family head) nic no is.6110117690939 and adress.#628 st 02 sector I-9/1 Islamabad but my vote has been shown in sector F-10 markaz.would u please correct it or advise me for its shifting to I-9 sector.thanks
    [email protected]

• Pakistani said:

Hey… don't post such info in public

5. pro truth said:

on my recent trip to Pak, I used this service just to check and was "not surprised" to find out, some ultra active party has registered me as voter at a place where i have never lived in my life. Looks to me all NICOP holders are being used by clever parties to rig the elections as they will make fake votes with valid details of those people who are unlikely to be in Pakistan. ie overseas Pakistanis. So get it checked your own details with this service via friends and family even if you are not in Pakistan.

6. afnan_88 said:

i have used this so many time but i m receiving the same error , cannot be delivered

• Sadaqat Ali said:

03225258533 any one wants info about vote sms me ur name + nic number
      i will tell u ur exact both for vote in ur area

7. mano said:

DEAR ALL,
    COULD PLZ SOMEONE LET ME KNOW, CAN WE CAST OUR VOTE THRU TEXT MSG VIA MOBILE PHONE INSTEAD OF GOING IN PERSON AS I DONT WANT TO GOTO THE POLLING STATION.

• Pakistani said:

get your lazy @$$ up on May 11th and cast your vote at Polling Station. If you cant do this thn dnt criticize Pakistan for next 5 years.

8. Wasiq said:

Plz. Mara vote. Address. Batha. Da. K. Mari. Vote. Kis. Place. Pa. para ge. My. I’d. Number. 37304-0579942-0

9. KHUZAIMA said:

I dont get the reply when i send my NIC number plzzz tell what shall i

10. friend said:

8300 par apna NIC number send karay to apko ECP K naam se reply ayega usme apko block code,,silsila number aur polling station batayegy agr ap ko msg nhi milta to it means k ap registered nhi hu

11. friend said:

send your NIC number to 8300 they u will recieve a reply from the name of ECP in which they tell u the block code,associate number and polling station address where u have to go for voting if u didnt recieve the sms it means you are not registered

12. Ayesha said:

my vote is registered in Fateh Pur Afghanan Distt Narowal. Its not possible for me to go there! Because my residence is at Attock Kamra! Kindly do something?

13. maha alam said:

due to medical issue i cant travel to my native town for vote casting. Can i go for some alternative place or any other way to cast vote.

14. maha alam said:

i have just gone through FAQs at election commission website and got know that Govt Servants posted at a place OTHER than native town can cast vote using postal ballot paper?
    I am a govt servant posted at Islamabad. From where can i get postal ballot paper?
    Please Reply?

15. maha alam said:

I got FORM OF APPLICATION FOR POSTAL BALLOT from downloads of election commission website but cannot understand it.
    Should i fill it and send it by mail?
    and to whom should i send?

16. MUHAMMAD SAEED said:

I HAVE SMS TO 8300 FOR FINDING VOTE PLACE AT 10.43 0N 11 MAY,2013 BUT THEY NOT REPLY ME EVEN AFTER CHARGES.

MUHAMMAD SAEED
    CNIC 17201-4109434-7
    MOB-03215068909.

17. MUHAMMAD SAEED said:

NO ONE MAKE RESPONSIBLE ALL CEL. COMPANIES IN PAKISTAN FOR ACCURATE SERVICE AND ILLEGAL CHARGES.PROCEDURES SHOULD BE LIKE THIS THAT CHARGES WOULD BE AFTER SERVICE PROVISIONING.

18. fatema said:

PLEASE HELP! MY POLLING STATION IS IN KARACHI BUT I AM STUCK IN ANOTHER CITY DUE TO WORK! IS THERE ANY WAY AT ALL THAT I CAN CAST MY VOTE!

19. SMS API Gateway said:

20. sms gateway said:

sms gateway
    Blogger’s brilliant Efforts are really appreciable. Anyone can easily understand the thoughts. Also I like the conclusions made on this topic like Check your vote via SMS which is really very informative.keep it up

Comments are closed.