Two policemen killed in Naseerabad checkpost attack


Two police personnel were killed and another received bullet injuries in an armed attack on their post in Naseerabad district on Monday. No one has claimed the responsibility for the attack so far. Report said the armed men, believed to be militants of the Bugti tribe, started firing on the checkpost manned by Balochistan constabulary close to main power transmission line in Chattar area, around 50kms away from Dera Murad town. As a result, sub inspector Wahid Baksh Pandrani and sepoy Badaruddin were killed, while sepoy Karamullah was left injured. Naseerabad District Police Officer Abdul Hai Baloch said some suspects came to the checkpost and police personnel served them tea. He said some time later, the suspects informed the armed militants to come and attack.
Baloch said the injured sepoy was evacuated and was moved to Larkana for treatment. A police official said a local Bugti sepoy, Bakhtiar, was found missing from duty and was believed to have a hand in the attack.
IED kills 2, targeted SHO survives: Two children, both under 14 years of old were killed and twenty three others, including a police officer and his guard were injured in an explosion in Dera Murad Jamali in Naseerabad district, some 400 km south-east of Quetta on Monday. Banned Baloch Republican Army (BRA) claimed the bombing. The target of the bomb was Station House Officer Ghulam Rasool who passed the bomb site when the bomb was detonated with remote controlled device.
Reports said the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was attached to a motor cycle parked near a hotel on main Quetta-Jacobabad national highway. When the police van carrying SHO Ghulam Rasool and four police constables passed, the bomb exploded. Two children who were passing died from the explosion while a police officer and an armed guard were amongst the 23 injured. The deceased were identified as Bashir Ahmad, 12 and Liaqat Ali, 14 and said to be first cousins.
Speaking to Pakistan Today, District Police Officer Abdul Hai Baloch said Rasool was the target and the IED weighed 3 kg and was detonated through remote control. He confirmed the deaths and casualties. Dr District headquarter hospital medical officer on duty Abid Ali said the condition of twelve injured was serious but efforts were being made to stabilise them. Banned BRA spokesman Sarbaz Baloch called newspaper offices to claim the attack and warned those supporting the cruelties of security forces.