4 die in gas leak


Four people were found dead and one unconscious on Wednesday after they suffocated at a newspaper’s office in Shamasabad, police said.
The bodies, identified as those of 45 year-old Mehfooz Elahi, a resident of Taxila, 44 year-old reporter Ghulam Rasool, who belonged to Mandi Bahaudin, Naveed, 40, a security guard and 28 year-old Mohsin, a page-maker and resident of Bahawalpur, were discovered at the office of the ‘Daily Hallaat’, a local newspaper.
Police from the Sadiqabad Police precincts said the five people, who used the office as a residence, switched on the generator during a power outage but forgot to turn it off before going to sleep.
The generator released toxic gas which caused them to suffocate in the room as it had no ventilation.
The injured, identified as Muzafar Hussain Bukhari, a news editor from Azad Kashmir, is being treated at the Benazir Bhutto Hospital (BBH).