Brother’s ‘attitude’ kills boy


Police Thursday handed over the body of a 22-year-old youngster, who committed suicide late on Wednesday night over his younger brother’s arrest in a bike lifting case. The deceased was identified as Irfan Khalid, resident of Mohalla Jandi Wehra located in Bhaati Gate Police Station’s precincts. As per details, police had arrested Irfan’s younger brother Rizwan along with a motorcycle that was stolen according to the police records. According to the official account, Rizwan told Police that the bike was purchased by his eldest brother Imran over which investigation officers from Bhaati Gate Police Station pressurised Rizwan and Irfan to present Imran, who managed to escape from his house.
On Wednesday night, Imran returned to his house after which Irfan requested him to present himself before the police in order to get Rizwan released from police custody, but he refused to do so. As a result, they exchanged harsh words. Later, Irfan brought his father’s pistol out and shot himself in his head, resulting in his on the spot death. After being informed, police reached the scene and removed the body of the deceased to morgue for an autopsy on suspicion. On the other hand, Irfan’s family had claimed that he had seen investigators torturing his younger brother Rizwan at the police station over which he got disheartened and later killed himself after shooting himself in his head.
City Division SP Muhammad Anwar visited the crime scene in order to clear the doubts regarding the involvement of police officials in pressurising the family. He met with the family of victim and recorded their statements in this regard.
The SP after brief inquiry declared the incident as suicide and told this scribe that Irfan committed suicide as result of his elder brother’s attitude.
Police handed over the body to the heirs who laid the deceased to rest after funerals late on Thursday night.
Youth killed: A shopkeeper shot dead a 20-year-old youth over Rs 50 in Misri Shah Police precincts on Thursday.
Waqas, resident of Kachupura Area Misri Shah had given his mobile for repai to a shopkeeper, namely Islam. Police said Islam initially demanded Rs 150 as repairing cost, but when Waqas came to take his mobile back, Islam asked him to pay an additional Rs 5o. As a result, they were involved in a minor clash and exchanged harsh words. Meanwhile, infuriated Islam brought out his pistol and straight fire on Waqas and escaped after leaving him in pool of blood.
Police reached the scene and rushed Waqas to a nearby hospital where Waqas was pronounced dead by doctors.
MAN POISONED: Swindlers killed a 30-year-old man by intoxicating him in Kot Abdul Malik Police precincts. Arfaat Ali, resident of Narang Mandi, had come to visit Chowk Allah Hu shrine where swindlers offered him poisonous sweets at which he fell unconscious. The swindlers took his mobile phone and cash, and fled the scene. Arfaat passed away later.
ACCIDENT: A lady died and two were injured on Thursday in a car accident in Shahdra Police limits. The car, H-733, ran over the footpath in Kala Shah Kaku area of Shahdra. Police said Najma Bibi died in the accident, while two others, identified as Zafar and Arshad were injured and taken to the hospital.
BUILDING COLLAPSES: Police registered a case against a contractor and owner of an under-construction three-storey building upon complaint of the CDGL Building Enforcement Inspector of UC-44. The under-construction building at Amir Road in Shad Bagh area had collapsed, injuring three laborers. The contractor, Aslam was accused by residents of the area of using substandard construction material.