Govt will now focus on providing relief to people in next two years: PM

0
68

Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani on Friday said the PPP government would utilise all its resources to provide maximum relief to the common man in the next two years in order to fulfil its promises made before the 2008 election. In his monthly live programme broadcast on PTV and other private TV channels, he said 80 percent of the party manifesto had been implemented by the government and assured that the remaining 20 percent would also be completed in the next two years.
To a question on the priorities of the government and implementation of its slogan “roti, kapra and makan”, the prime minister said the main emphasis during the first three years was on the defence of the country, fight against terrorism, improved energy supply and strengthening the economy. Gilani said with financial and monetary reforms, there had been improvement in the economic conditions of the country and the foreign exchange reserves had increased considerably.
The prime minister said the resolution of the Kashmir dispute was an integral part of Pakistan People’s Party’s manifesto. “The huge mandate in the AJK elections is a reflection of the recognition by the Kashmiri people of the PPP’s continued support for their right to self determination,” he said while talking to senior journalists at his residence.