Seven more fall prey to violence


Six more people lost their lives in different acts of violence in the city on Monday.
A 25-year-old man Sajid Khan, son of Shireen Khan, was gunned down by unidentified armed men in Machhar Colony within the jurisdiction of Docks Police Station.
The body of the deceased was later moved to Civil Hospital Karachi (CHK) to undergo medico-legal formalities.
Police said the man was going home after performing his duty in Shinwari Hotel as a waiter when the incident took place. He received was hit by a single bullet and died on the spot. Police have registered FIR 53/2013 under section 302 against unidentified assailants.
Separately, two dead bodies of men bearing bullet and torture marks were found dead in Old Hajji Camp within the jurisdiction of Napier Police Station. The victims were identified as 35-year-old Akbar, son of Umer, and 32-year-old Zahid, son Imamuddin.
The dead bodies were later shifted to the CHK to undergo autopsy.
Police said both men were the owners of a tailor shop in Usmanabad, Garden area and used to go to Lyari for the collection of cloths. They said that the men also went to Lyari on 3rd March for some work but did not return back. On late Monday night, their dead bodies were found from the Hajji Camp area.
Similarly, the body of a man bearing torture marks was found from Kagzi Bazaar, Kharadar, within the limits of Kharadar Police Station. The victim was identified as 55-year-old Muhammad Amin, son of Abdul Sattar. The body was shifted to CHK for postmortem.
Police said the victim died after being severely tortured as no bullet wound was found on his body.
Meanwhile, two men, aged around 20 to 25 years, were found dead in Jalbani Goth, Malir Town, within the limits of Khokharapar Police Station. The identity of both victims could not be ascertained until the filing of this report. The bodies were later moved to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) to undergo medico-legal formalities.
In a separate incident, a 58-year-old man Younis Naqi, son of Mohammad Naqi, was torched to death by unidentified persons inside his house located at Naqi Manzil in Delhi Colony No 2 within the jurisdiction of the Frere Town Police Station.
The body was moved to JPMC for autopsy.
Meanwhile, the body of a drug addict, aged around 20 years, was found from Maripur within the jurisdiction of Maripur Police Station. The identity of the deceased could not be ascertained until the filing of this report. The body was later shifted to CHK for autopsy.