3 dead, 3 injured in wedding marquee electrocution


LAHORE: Three died of electrocution and three sustained injuries while putting up tents for a wedding in Shad Bagh police precincts on Saturday.
Investigation Officer Sub-Inspector Khalid Mehmood said the victims were employees of Usman Catering Service.
He explained that six people from the catering service were putting up tents and lights for a wedding in Taj Pura ground when the central iron pole, on which lights were to be placed, short circuited with the unprofessionally placed electricity wires, which resulted
in a blast.
He said three men died instantly because of high voltage electric shock while others were burnt. The injured were rushed to the Services Hospital and their condition is stable now, he said. Two deceased were identified as Naveed and Mohsin while the third is yet to be identified while Munawar, Habib and Shujaudin were injured.
The police have arrested the owner of the catering service for hiring inexperienced electricians and have registered a case against him.